As a certified Life Management Assistance Program (LifeMAP) Coach, I work with clients who may need practical assistance overcoming barriers to life goals they face as a result of social learning challenges. Coaching is designed to meet specific client needs for problem-solving in the areas of employment, education, relationships, and/or general life skills. Support may address issues such as conflicts at work, difficulty managing the demands of school or college, strengthening executive function abilities (such as planning, organization and time management), developing skills for managing anxiety, or building self-advocacy skills. Coaching is highly practical and goal-oriented in nature, and may involve working directly in the client’s home, place of employment, or other relevant community context.
Additional examples of situations that could benefit from coaching:
- Struggles with time management and/or organizational issues that are interfering with success at college or in the work place
- Difficulty with a life transition, such as transitioning to independent living
- Continually being overlooked for a promotion or having trouble maintaining employment
- Being overwhelmed by the social aspects of managing others or of being managed at work
- Social conflicts with a friend, roommate or partner
- A desire to build more friendships and/or to find a romantic partnership